Our Booking & Cancellation policy remains unchanged and is flexible as always, please refer to the details below.
For 2021 you can secure your booking without making any payment in advance and we allow free cancelations up to 2 days prior to departure for shorter trips and 5 days prior to departure for overnight trips, or moving your booking to another date or next season for free.
Bookings for refunding will be processed in 5-10 working days and a 5% cancellation fee is charged to cover the Card processing costs for your incoming payment and our outgoing refund.
For Bookings affected by the Covid-19 situation:
If you have an existing booking and need to change dates, cancel or modify your booking, the easiest is to send us an e-mail and we will work with you to arrange this right away.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
While we initially require credit or debit card details in order to hold and confirm a booking, we offer some of the most reasonable payment and refund policies in the industry:
For Bookings made on our Secure Online Booking:
- Our Secure Online Booking accepts Visa, MasterCard or Maestro.
- Payment is secured on your Credit/ Debit Card through our Secure Online Server via Nets at the moment of Booking.
- You will receive a booking confirmation e-mail from us following immediately following this, confirming your booking was successful and that your reservation is finalized.
For Bookings made via e-mail, phone or personal appearance at our base:
- We accept Visa, Mastercard or Maestro at our base in Gudvangen.
- We accept cash in NOK; US$, UK£ or Euro.
- Our general payment policy is that payment is only processed on the day of departure direct at our base.
- We do not charge you a deposit prior to the tour and payment is processed manually at our base on the morning of departure
- Each individual member of the group can choose to pay individually if you have booked for a group.
Our Cancellation Policy
We understand that travel plans vary and that occasionally you may need to alter or cancel a reservation with us. Provided that sufficient notice is given, this is not usually a problem and we can organize rescheduling your booking to a more suitable time or a issue you a refund.
Please note that our cancellation Policy varies depending on which activity you book with us:
For Lake tours, Half day tours, Day tours and Freedom rentals:
- If you wish to cancel your reservation you must notify us no later than 48 hours before departure. There is no cancellation Fee for this.
- If you decide to cancel your booking within less than 48 hours of departure but still the day before departure, 30% of the tour price will be charged to your credit card unless we are able to fill your seats.
- Last minute cancellations the day of departure or “ No Show “ on the day of departure occur a 100% cancellation fee and no refund is given. Please notify us as soon as possible if a last minute cancellation cannot be avoided. If we succeed to fill your seat with someone else we will void the cancellation fee. If we however are forced to charge the cancellation fee occurred, we will be happy to issue you an invoice to you for this and you may be able to claim the cancellation fee back from your travel insurance depending on the reason for your cancellation.
For Overnight Tours:
- Cancellations made until 5 days before departure occurs no cancellation fees and a refund in full will be given, less our 5% processing fee.
- Cancellations made until 48 hours before departure occurs a 30% cancellation fee of the tour price and will be charged to your credit card unless we are able to fill your seats.
- Cancellations made within less than 48 hours of departure or “ No Show “ occur a 100% cancellation fee and no refund is given. Please notify us as soon as possible if a last minute cancellation cannot be avoided. If we succeed to fill your seat with someone else we will void the cancellation fee. If we however are forced to charge the cancellation fee occurred, we will be happy to issue you an invoice to you for this and you may be able to claim the cancellation fee back from your travel insurance depending on the reason for your cancellation.
If we for any reason are forced to cancel a tour:
- In the very unlikely event that Nordic Ventures will be forced to cancel a tour you will receive a refund in full or be offered to re-book for another departure if that is your preference instead.
We have had to cancel a total of 8 departures in 22 years of operating so it is very unlikely your tour will be cancelled. Even in poor weather conditions we are able to provide a good experience, cancelled tours will usually be related to very strong winds making the kayaking a safety concern.
Sep 27, 2019: “Excellent kayaking and hiking!”
Sep 26, 2019: “Kayak and hike Norway”
Sep 25, 2019: “Windy, wet, cold but upbeat time with Craig Rytz @ Nordic Ventures”
Sep 25, 2019: “Amazing half-day kayak tour with stunning views”